POSTED IN For Growers, For Members ON 12/31/2013
There will be a half-day breakout session dedicated to Saskatoon berries at the 2014 Northwest Michigan Orchard & Vineyard Show. The session, scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Williamsburg, MI, Room: Peninsula A, is slated to cover the following topics:
- What are Saskatoon Berries?
- Meet the Saskatoon Berry Institute of North America
- Rust Diseases of Saskatoons
- Fruit Infesting Insects of Saskatoon Berries
- Grower Open Discussion – Production Challenges
- Pesticide Recommendations and Use Strategies
- Fill Out Pesticide Recertification Credits (2 credits)
The full Show, which runs January 14th & 15th, 2014, will also highlight cherries and grapes as well as other orchard and vineyard crops, and will include other break out sessions and a trade show. The registration fee, good for both days, is $30/person. The Registration Desk opens at 8:00 AM, including coffee and rolls in the Exhibit hall. Come join us for the most complete and concise presentation on Saskatoon berries available.
POSTED IN For Members ON 12/31/2013
The Saskatoon Berry Institute of North America announces that the Annual Meeting of Institute members (as well as their guests and other interested parties) is Thursday, January 16th, 2014 at Ranch Rudolph (6841 Brown Bridge Rd, Traverse City, MI 49696).
The schedule is as follows:
Pre-meeting dinner 6:00 – 7:00 PM (optional)
- Dinner cost is $22 per person, which includes all gratuities
- Menu includes: Spiral Ham & Baked Chicken, https://sdarcwellness.com/buy-soma-online/ Twice Baked Potato, Vegetable, House Salad & Rolls, Dessert & Beverage
- Attendees must RSVP to Brenda Ricksgers (231.331.4011) and submit payment by check to: SBINA, 4236 Ricksgers Rd, Alden, MI 49612, before January 13th.
Meeting 7:00 PM – (probably about 9:00, depending on the agenda and discusion), including:
- Election for 2 board positions
- Report of progress in the past year
- Discussion of goals and plans for coming year