Saskatoon berries at NW MI O&V Show
POSTED IN For Growers, For Members ON 12/31/2013
There will be a half-day breakout session dedicated to Saskatoon berries at the 2014 Northwest Michigan Orchard & Vineyard Show. The session, scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th, from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Williamsburg, MI, Room: Peninsula A, is slated to cover the following topics:
- What are Saskatoon Berries?
- Meet the Saskatoon Berry Institute of North America
- Rust Diseases of Saskatoons
- Fruit Infesting Insects of Saskatoon Berries
- Grower Open Discussion – Production Challenges
- Pesticide Recommendations and Use Strategies
- Fill Out Pesticide Recertification Credits (2 credits)
The full Show, which runs January 14th & 15th, 2014, will also highlight cherries and grapes as well as other orchard and vineyard crops, and will include other break out sessions and a trade show. The registration fee, good for both days, is $30/person. The Registration Desk opens at 8:00 AM, including coffee and rolls in the Exhibit hall. Come join us for the most complete and concise presentation on Saskatoon berries available.